OREGANO - essential oil 100%
The name OREGANO comes from a Greek word „origanon” which means „adornment of the mountains”. This plant was appreciated already in the Middle Ages, not only in the kitchen
100 % natural OREGANO essence offered by us has high 65-75% carvacrol concentration, and it is characterised by high number of antioxidants which are masters of combating free radicals responsible for the process of aging of our bodies.
Oregano, that is Origanum vulgare, contains an essential oil rich in phenols, that is carvacrol and thymol, phenolic acids, flavonoids, tannins, fibre, iron, calcium, phytosterols and vitamins A, C, E and K.
The presence of tannins and phenolic compounds decides on its antifungal and antibacterial properties.
Flavonoids are substances helpful in treating upper respiratory tract infections. It also has an anti-spasmolytic effect on smooth muscles of the intestines, ureters and bile ducts.
Dietitians recommend using oregano to regulate the functioning of gastrointestinal system – among others, in case of constipation.
Scientific research indicates that Thymol combats listeria and even staphylococcus aureus or Candida yeast.
A list of advantages of oregano is very long:
- supports treatment of colds
- treatment of flatulence
- supports the process of getting rid of phlegm in the lungs
- it has an expectorant effect
- reduces congestion of lungs and sinuses
- it may be helpful in improving kidney function
- treating herpes labialis
- alleviates menstrual pain
- alleviates itching after insect bites
- strengthens the immune system
- has beneficial impact on the liver
- cleans teeth and freshens breath
- combats tinea pedis and tinea manuum
- helpful in treating allergic rhinitis
One should remember that oregano should always be used in a diluted form. The best solution is to use it with a cold-pressed oil.
The action of the product depends on individual predispositions of each person. Oregano oil should not be used by pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers and small children.
INCI: Origanum Vulgare Leaf Oil
* Before applying, check the individual skin reaction to the oil
- 15 ml